U21 Health Sciences Group Annual Meeting 2017
Global Health: Challenges, Constraints and Implementation Models
18 - 22 September 2017
Dear U21 Health Sciences Group members
Welcome to the dedicated page for the U21 Health Sciences 2017 Annual Meeting that will hosted by the University of Johannesburg during 18-22 September 2017.
We’d like to warmly thank the University of Birmingham for hosting a very successful meeting in September 2016 on “Resolving Global Health issues leading to improvements in Health and Wellbeing”.
The U21 Health Sciences Group is unique in many ways. It provides a safe and friendly space for Health Sciences Faculty throughout the world to exchange and learn from each other. Our annual event isn’t a conference but a meeting and this semantic distinction is important to us. We want to make sure participants have the opportunity to listen to experts on innovative ideas and important research findings, especially from a regional perspective, but we also expect participants to get involved in the discussions, whether it be by sharing what they do best in their institutions, by seeking inspiration from colleagues or by contributing their ideas to some of our joint activities and projects.
The U21 HSG is a community of like-minded Health Sciences Faculty and Staff who seek to work collaboratively to achieve more than might be possible for each institution working alone or through traditional bilateral relationships. This community has been continuously growing for the past 15 years and we hope you will join us in Johannesburg to meet colleagues from U21 institutions and learn with, from and about each other to advance Health Sciences education and research.
We look forward to seeing you in Johannesburg, South Africa in September 2017!
Prof Andre Swart, Executive Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Johannesburg and Deputy Chair, U21 Health Sciences Executive Committee
Caroline Voisine, U21 Health Sciences Executive Officer
The theme for this year's annual meeting is 'Global Health: Challenges, Constraints and Implementation Models'. The meeting will feature plenary sessions on the following topics: Global Health, Health Inequalities and Social Determinants of Health, Mental Health, Women and Children's Health, and HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
A one-day Doctoral Student Forum will take place on Monday 18 September. On Tuesday 19 September, two workshops on current U21 HSG projects are scheduled: SDG workshop (morning) and Clinical Simulation (afternoon).
Please see below to read the program of the meeting and associated events:
The U21 Health Sciences Group Annual Meeting is open to faculty and staff in U21 institutions that are members of the Health Sciences Group.
Registration is now open. To register, please follow this link.
Registration will close on 1 September 2017
The University of Johannesburg recommends 3 hotels from where they will collect and drop the delegates during the U21 HS Annual Meeting 2017. The three recommended hotels are located in the Rosebank area.
Please note that all delegates are responsible for booking their own accommodation.
54 on Bath
- R2740 (approx. $210 USD) single bed & breakfast per room per night
- Please contact SHAYNA BOLUS (Reservations Manager) for bookings at Shayna.Bolus@tsogosun.com
- Please use the block code - 746507 when booking so they can track and offer the correct rate
- Hotel Website: www.tsogosun.com/54-on-bath
- R2750 (approx. $210 USD) single bed & breakfast per room per night.
- Please contact ZOLA MTSHIZAt (Groups & Events Coordinator) for bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the rate code - BQDBB
- All delegates will need to provide their credit card details to secure the bookings or make pre-payment
- Hotel website: https://johannesburg.regency.hyatt.com
- R1450 (approx. $110 USD) for single bed & breakfast per room per night
- R1650 (approx. $125 USD) for double bed & breakfast per room per night
- Please contact SHIWE NDHLOVU (Reservations Manager) for bookings at email@example.com
- Please use the reference: University of Johannesburg's conference
- Hotel website: www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/johannesburg/jnbhi/hoteldetail
Please click on the map below to see the location of hotels and venue for the U21 HSG Annual Meeting in Johannesburg.